It\'s good to know,
- Undoubtedly, a quick look to some prominent points of war is interesting and drives people to read further about it.
Before invading to Iran, Iraq had printed some maps in schoolbooks of its country in which Iran\'s Khoozestan was called "Arabestan", Abadan was called "Abdana", Khoramshahr was called "Mohammareh", Soosanguerd was called "Khajiyeh" and Ahwaz was called "Al Ahwaz" instead.
In Mehr of 59, when fully armed Iraqi Army was stopped in front of a few local combatants in Khoramshahr and left casualties for 45 days to be able to ocuupy the city; Radio Iraq, in order to excuse Sepah and people?s resistance in Khoramshahr, reported: "the forces resistance has been because of a fear from death squads being established to execute the people who run away from the front".
To occupy Khoramshahr in fall of 1359, Iraq fought 45 days behind Khoramshahr entries and left casualties where, there were only tens of Sepah, Basij and local fighters with the least armament.
- In the "beit-ol-Moghadas" operation in Ordibehesht of 1361 resulting in the liberation of Khoramshahr and a wide range of southern Iran, Iraqi Army had to run away leaving 16000 killed and injured, and 19000 POWs.
- In "Beit-ol-Moghadas", 54000 square kilometers of Iranian lands was liberated from the enemy\'s occupation through 25 days of combat, including: Khoramshahr, Howaizeh and Hamid base.
- In Khordad of 61, Islamic combatants liberated Khoramshahr in one day and a half only, a city filled with ten thousands of Iraqi soldiers equipped with the most state-of-the-art armaments, tanks and equipments.
- In the great operation of "Fat-hol-Mobin", Iraq propagandized "destruction of 12 Iranian divisions in Iraqi successful attacks and taking control of Shoosh and Dezfool?s fronts?. It also propagandized, after "Bei-ol-Moghadas" operation resulting in Khoramshahr liberation, "a heavy damage to Iranian soldiers and equipments, suppression of Iranian forces and capturing them".
- In the year 61, Iraq received the heaviest strokes from Iran the most important of which was Khoramshahr conquest. In that year, Saddam\'s aggressor regime was counting down to fall; but being equipped by munitions and financial aids of the western countries, especially the USA, it recovered again. In the ceremony of awarding medals to ?Hamid Shaban", the Iraqi air force commandant, Saddam said: " The year 1982 (1361) was a problematic year for us. In that year, we retreated from Mohammareh (Khoramshahr) and then, we heard the intention of Basra\'s occupation from the Iranian propagandas. Despite these all, we decided to defend Baghdad only; since, we considered that we must think of the moment when Iranian soldiers would advance to Baghdad. Therefore, we prepared the presidential guard to defend Baghdad only. We were going to deploy the presidential guard around Baghdad to fight the enemy outside the capital with other Army\'s personnel?.
- In Ordibehesht of 61, during the "Beit-ol-Moghadas? operation and Khoramshahr liberation, Alexander Higg, The US war minister, told the NATO\'s ministers : ?Iranian victories has endangered American interests".
- When the Iraqi Army invaded Iran again, after Iran?s acceptance of the resolution 598; Imam Khomeini emphasized on necessity of Khoramshahr preservation in a message to the Sepah general commander and said: "Here is the boundary of victory or failure between Islam and paganism. We must fight for our country inch by inch. Here, Sepah\'s survival or death will be determined".