News ID: 12215
Publish Date: 21 November 2006 - 05:39
The main object of the research is considering the planning, organizing, coordination and communication controlling and evaluating the medical equipment engineering unit, determining the working rate for medical equipments for realizing and curing, medical training an determining the concentration of the medical equipments in different units of the hospital according to countries which have made them. The research type is descriptive. The statistical society includes all medical equipments of more than 5 years average lasting in three subordinate hospitals of martyr's organization that is Hazrat zeinab, Mustafa Khomeini and Khatam Olanbia in 1999 and the information collecting tool is questionnaire. The results show that:
1. None of cases relevant to medical engineering is not observed completely, and most amount of planning in fifty percent of the hospitals being researched is related to general affairs of medical equipments, concluding annual maintenance contracts of expensive medical equipments, and existence of formularized planning instructions in medical engineering unit.
2. In two third of the hospitals medical equipment unit is managed by medical engineering unit.
3. Just half the hospitals observe the rules about cooperating with other medical centers for using medical equipments
4. Controlling and evaluating the services and performed repairs by medical engineering unit is done in two third of the hospitals and the annual evaluation of the function of medical equipments is done just in 6.16 percent of the hospitals.
5. Medical equipment engineering unit doesn't cooperate with shopping committee about formulizing and using the budget and all about formulized rules relevant to major and minor shopping.
6. Medical equipments are mostly used for treatment (%5 - %60) and for realizing (%32 - %78) and the fewest amounts for training and research (%7 - %17).
7. Most of the equipments are used in surgery-rooms and laboratories and the less (%4-%6) is used in heart-surgery section, general women surgery and mental nerve brain surgery section.
8. Most of equipments are made in Germany, Japan and Iran. And less amount are made in Russia Finland and Swiss.
9. Considering the required function less than half the medical equipments are new (%68-%70) percent are repairable and (%50-%51) percent are useless.
10. (%20-%66) percent of medical equipment are not kept in a good location. Medical equipments are useable for at most 10 to 20 years.
11. (%27-%69) percent of medical equipments lack technical documents and more than half the medical equipments (%55-%60) lack international equipments standards.
12. About training the users of medical equipments about (%38-%41) require higher education and about (%36-%78) required less education level.
13. For (%7-%30) percent of medical equipments there were periodical and intermittent training courses and (%31-%34) percent of equipments didn't require any sort of periodical training. Most of the training was done by supervisors of the section (%39-%44).
14. In (%48) percent of the equipments a fixed power source is not applied for working with the system.
15. (%8-%19) percent of medical equipments are overused and just (%49 - %94) percent of them can cover the needs of the patients.
16. The main barrier on the way of optimized usage of medical equipments is related to their sensitivity and fineness(%31 - %50) and the less important barrier relates to lack of utilizable materials and supplying them on time(%90-%99).
17. The highest capacity and ability of the machineries are utilized (%47-%72).
18. (%60-%77) percent of the medical equipments are out of order at present; most of them need periodical repairing (%52-%75). About annual keeping contracts the hospital equipments are just for (%20-%50) percent of the equipments existing in the hospital and two other hospitals lack such a contract. Most of the damages are related to electronic section (%37).
19. (%30-%47) percent of the equipments have full details about the relevant service centers and (%11-%19) just has some imperfect details about address and name.
20. In average, the out of order equipments are repaired after two or three days when the service centers are reported (%10-%32) and satisfaction about service centers were (%30-%61) more than the average. About the local repair centers this percentage equals (%76-%83).
21. About control and evaluation and safety (%90-%99) of medical equipments they have a check list for controlling while changing the work-shifts. At most (%31-%81) of medical equipments are safe for patients and user.